Sunday 26 September 2010

The Flagship Has Returned

 "One of the greatest strategy franchises of all time is back, and it's replete with addictive new enhancements. The brains behind the whole operation shared a few key insights on how the latest chapter in this groundbreaking franchise came together.

"We mined art history to arrive at the blend of classic and cutting-edge art style in Civ V. For the game world, we were inspired by the Hudson River School painters. The leader scenes are influenced by the epic films of both the past and the present. We wanted to make sure that when you entered into the presence of one of these giants of history, you felt the immensity of it. During the rise of the great American cities coming through industrialization, art deco architecture became a symbol of American optimism. This seemed to match the excitement and anticipation we wanted our game to embody."

- Dorian Newcomb, Lead Artist, Civilization V

"We really wanted Civ V to be accessible to everyone, newcomers and hard-core players alike. All the depth, the options, the variety of play, everything our fans have come to expect is in there. If you're new to the series, the interface system will work with you, helping you learn as you play. When you're ready, you can adjust the settings to fit your play style and skill level."

- Dennis Shirk, Producer, Civilization V" Wired.com

I used to love the civilization games, looking forward to this one too. There is currently no ESRB rating so we'll have to wait for that.

33 comments:

  1. Sooo cool, nostalgia'd as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fixed your headline, nao it says fagship...

    How do i get witeout off my screen nao?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this game! one of the best imo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. never really been one for strategy games. i only really liked turn-based strategy games

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwhh yeah, exited i am

    ReplyDelete
  6. Already bought and played - LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've logged a good 35 hours since it launched. There are still some minor problems, but overall I've enjoyed it more than civ 4. I'm not sure if it'll dethrone civ 2 as the best though. Only time/patches will tell. (seriously, improve the AI!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward too...
    Civ games are really good..
    thx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've played Civ 3, Alpha Centauri, and Alien Crossfire. I didn't like them at first, but once I sat down, figured out how to play them, they were loads of fun. If Civ 5 will work on my laptop, I think I'll get it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will be getting it later on...looks pretty cool eh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh man civ 5 is ammmmmmaaaaaazing
    been playing for like forever

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought this game, it rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard nothing but good things about this game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm so dumb..i looked at the pic i thought it was real ._.

    ReplyDelete
  15. like the honeycomb style cells :>

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy shit, I can't wait to play this. I've been a fan of the series since I was a wee lad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like "settlers of catan"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. civ games are wayyy to addicting.

    I have to keep away but I could just play for one more turn....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this series.. I can't wait to get this latest version.

    ReplyDelete