Tuesday 19 October 2010

XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition, Limited Edition Unboxing

The most elaborately packaged graphics card ever!



This card sports 4GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 4.8GHz and dual Cypress GPUs clocked at 850MHz, 125MHz faster than the reference models. This would be enough for most gamers, but the XFX card takes the 4GB HD 5970 in an entirely new direction. This is because the card uses six Mini-DisplayPorts to add support for up to six monitors using the ATI Eyefinity technology. With 3200 Stream processors to go with it this thing is a beast, however if you fancy buying one then expect to drop around £450-£480 on one here in the UK.

With the 6XXX series cards around the corner, this would be excessive - and most likely a waste of money, even for the immense horsepower it sports.

It does however come with a ton of extras, and some people have to have the best of the best ofcourse - so live and let live I guess.

43 comments:

  1. IS that supposed to be a model of a p90?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its some hybrid fun gun they made.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever bought that, I'd take it to the mall and open it up. Just to watch peoples faces. Or get shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's the most crazy packaging i've ever seen lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is so unnecessary lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta wonder what they'll pull out for HD 6000 series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sniff* It's so Beautiful........

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats just silly... plus you'll be able to buy it in a year for $20 from tigerdirect...

    ReplyDelete
  9. For that cost they should have included a real airshit gun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. excessive packaging much? lol. that thing is huge!

    if i only had a million dollars

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhhh!!! ahhhh!! looks expensive

    ReplyDelete
  12. The video was a little better in slow motion

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm waiting for the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bahaha, gotta love the overkill packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. heh, still quite happy with my 8800GT tbh :p

    ReplyDelete
  16. That might be just a little too expensive for me

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome review! I should be upgrading from my HD4850 in the next year or so, so this was very useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow i wish i had this video card :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. SIX?!?! Who would need that many!?!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that machine is epic, it worth it every dollar you pay for it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want one.....just for the p90 looking box lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like Seb said, my 8800gtx suits me just fine. Video cards are like sports cars, IMO. Just overcompensation.

    ReplyDelete
  23. that is really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am using a HD4870 I got for 50 bucks a year ago, and got the 50 bucks by selling my 3870. So it was like a free trade up

    ReplyDelete